4th Congressional District Cities:
City of Milwaukee, Village of Bayside, Village of Brown Deer, City of Cudahy, Village of Fox Point, City of Glendale, Village of Shorewood, City of South Milwaukee, City of St. Francis, Village of West Milwaukee,
Village of Whitefish Bay.
Please send in all completed papers by Monday, May 23, 2016 to:
Gwen Moore for Congress
3629 North 57th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53216
For questions, please call Brenda Moore at 414-322-6161 or Shirley Ellis at 414-412-1972.
Thank you for your interest in circulating nomination papers for Congresswoman Gwen Moore’s 2016 re-election campaign. We need to collect 2,000 signatures by June 1 and we’ll need to turn in 1,000 signatures to the Elections Board to receive a place on the ballot. Your help makes all of that possible.
As you’re collecting signatures and circulating papers, here are a few very important things to remember:
● Petition signers must be “qualified electors” and reside in the district with which the candidate is seeking election. For this race, that means all signers must reside within the 4th Congressional District (cities listed above).
● You do not need to be registered to vote to sign the petition but rather eligible to register and vote. That generally means 18 years or older, a U.S. Citizen, has lived in the district for at least 28 days, and has not lost the right to vote due to a criminal felony conviction for which the person is currently on probation, parole or extended supervision.
● Petition circulators must personally witness each signature; this means papers cannot be left unattended for signature collection. Furthermore, ALL signatures must be accompanied by a printed name (please don’t skip any boxes).
● Please do not sign and date the bottom until after you have finished collecting signatures for the petition. If the petition includes any signatures dated after your signature date, then those signatures will be invalid.
● Make sure the names and addresses are legible. The phone number and email fields are not mandatory; all other fields are required by the Government Accountability Board and the signature may not be counted if any information is incomplete. If you live in an apartment, please list your apartment number as well.
● Before handing in completed petitions, make sure you have signed and dated the bottom of the page. You do not need to fill out all signatures on the page. If you can only get a few, that’s fine send in what you have.
Please do not number the pages in the bottom right hand corner; the campaign will enter page numbers.
Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin: Doctors stand with Planned Parenthood
- Congresswoman Gwendolyn Moore sees unity, not division, at Women’s March
- Donald Trump’s Inauguration Becomes a Time to Protest and Plan
- Reps. Elijah Cummings, Gwen Moore Attending Inauguration: Moore Wants Trump ‘To See me Front and Center